Sanjay Dutt's lawyers after filing an appeal requesting that Sanjay may be allowed to surrender at the Yerwada jail in Pune, told a special court on Wednesday that the actor will be finally legally surrendering before the the Terrorist and Disruptive Activities Act (TADA) court in Mumbai on Thursday.
Furthermore, the Supreme Court was known to have rejected on Tuesday, to grant additional time to the actor to surrender, eliminating an appeal by a producer who wanted Sanjay to complete his under-production film.
In the early phase of the month, the apex court was known to have dismissed his appeal trying to obtain a review of the March 21 judgement. During the interval of time defending Sanjay’s firm belief by the special court in the 1993 Bombay blasts case, the Supreme Court had decreased the sentence from six years to five. Having it as an additional reason that the actor had already spent 18 months in jail, he will now have to serve time of 42 months in prison at the Yerwada jail in Pune, where he had been imprisoned earlier.
Consideration of some subject says that Sanjay might be asked to cook meals for the inmates at the Pune jail.
Sanjay Dutt who is the son of Nargis and Sunil Dutt, both legendary stars of time not long past, had been known to be working as a carpenter during his earlier phase in Yerwada prison.
To be honest it's definitely sad, but coming to the humanitarian ground every guilty has to face his punishment irrespective of caste, creed and sex or any other recognition.
Content resource: Khaleej Times
Image resource: Reuters